The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, are reportedly preparing to relocate from the United States to the United Kingdom later this month, according to reports by The Telegraph.
The couple, who currently live in California, are said to be planning to move into a private residence outside London. Their children, Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, have reportedly been enrolled in British schools ahead of the new academic term.
According to the report, King Charles III was informed of the family’s relocation plans on Sunday. The move was reportedly not discussed during the Sussexes’ visit to the UK in July.
The King is said to welcome the prospect of spending more time with Harry, Meghan and their children in a private and personal capacity.
However, there is reportedly no plan to change the couple’s current position within the Royal Family. Harry and Meghan will continue as private individuals and non-working members of the Royal Family.
Harry and Meghan’s Departure From the UK
Harry and Meghan moved to North America in 2020 after stepping back from their royal duties.
The decision led to a highly publicised breakdown in relations between the couple and some members of the Royal Family. At the time, Harry and Meghan cited intense media scrutiny, online abuse, complicated family relationships and tensions within the British establishment among the reasons for their decision.
Since relocating, Harry has made several trips back to the UK, including attending the funeral of his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, in 2022 and the coronation of King Charles III in 2023.
His visit in September last year also marked his first face-to-face meeting with his father in 19 months.
Family Reunion at Highgrove
During their most recent family visit to Britain in July, King Charles and Queen Camilla hosted Harry, Meghan and their two children at Highgrove House, the monarch’s private residence in Gloucestershire.
The meeting marked the first time in four years that King Charles had seen the entire Sussex family together in person.
Harry’s July visit also included several charity engagements, including activities marking the one-year countdown to the next Invictus Games, the international sporting event for wounded, injured and sick service personnel and veterans that he founded more than a decade ago.
If the reported relocation goes ahead, Harry and Meghan’s return would mark a significant change for the Sussex family after several years of living in the United States, while their status as non-working members of the Royal Family would remain unchanged.

