In September 2023, the world said goodbye to several notable Nigerian celebrities, leaving behind a void in the entertainment and professional world. Here are six remarkable individuals who left us during this month:
- Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba (MohBad): MohBad, a talented rapper, singer, and songwriter from Lagos, was celebrated for his hit songs such as “Feel Good,” “KPK (Ko Por Ke),” and “Sorry.” Tragically, he passed away at the young age of 27 on September 12, 2023, following treatment by an unlicensed nurse for an infection.
- Chief Akintola Williams: Chief Akintola Williams was a trailblazing figure in Nigeria’s accounting profession, becoming the first Nigerian to qualify as a chartered accountant. He played a pivotal role in the development of the country’s financial sector. He passed away peacefully at his Lagos home on September 11, 2023, at the remarkable age of 104.
- Pa Yemi Lawrence Adeyemi (Suara): Pa Yemi Lawrence Adeyemi, fondly known as Suara, was a veteran actor celebrated for his role in the popular TV series “Super Story” in 2001, a production by Wale Adenuga Productions. His legacy lives on through his contributions to the Nigerian entertainment industry. He departed on September 24, 2023.
- Pat Nebo: Pat Nebo was a veteran Nigerian production designer and art director renowned for his work in films like “October 1,” “Being Mrs. Elliot,” and “Okafor’s Law.” He also made significant contributions as a set designer. On September 14, 2023, he passed away after a prolonged battle with illness.
- John Oboh (Mighty Mouse): John Oboh, known as Mighty Mouse, was a musical pioneer in the Ajegunle community of Lagos, often regarded as the godfather of music in the area. His contributions to the music scene were substantial. He succumbed to his battle with cancer on September 18, 2023, in the metropolitan city.
- Hakeem Alamutu (Eba): Hakeem Alamutu, a veteran actor affectionately known as Eba, left an indelible mark in the Nigerian entertainment industry. He passed away on September 18, 2023, at the age of 63 after a long and courageous battle with illness.
Source: The Nation