The Plateau State Police Command has assured residents of the state that it will provide tight security before, during and after the forthcoming election.
The state command made this know through the state Public Relations Officer, ASP Ubah Gabriel Ugaba in a press statement made available to journalist in Jos.
PLATEAU STATE POLICE COMMAND, PRESS RELEASE
The Plateau State Police Command assures residents of tight security before, during and after the forthcoming election.
The Commissioner of Police Plateau State Command, CP Edward Egbuka has ordered massive deployment of Police personnel to all the polling units and other strategic areas to provide tight security before, during and after the forthcoming Local Government Elections across the seventeen (17) LGAs scheduled to hold on 09/10/2021.
2. It has also come to the notice of the Command that certain individuals and groups have hatched plans to disrupt the state of peace in the State especially during this period of election.
3. The Command hereby warns these person(s) or groups to have a rethink and drop any such nefarious plans for their own interest and the interest of peace in the State.
4. Furthermore, the Command also wishes to use this medium to remind the general public that the ban on public procession by whatever guise is still in force and failure to adhere to this directive may result to sanction.
5. On this note, we wish to reaffirm our resolve towards the protection of lives and properties of law-abiding citizens and also use this opportunity to call on Political Parties to caution their members and supporters against any act that will lead to the breach of law and order.
6. The Command further implores residents to report all suspicious movements, emergency or distress to the nearest police formation or call the Command’s emergency hotlines via:
ASP UBAH GABRIEL OGABA
PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FOR: COMMISSIONER OF POLICE, PLATEAU STATE COMMAND, JOS.