In view of the rising number of COVID-19 cases in Plateau State and in furtherance of the Resolutions reached at the Plateau State Security Council Meeting presided over by His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Simon Bako Lalong, Government wishes to intimate the citizens of the following decisions particularly as it relates to the forth coming Eid-el-Ftr Sallah celebrations:
1. That all Eid praying grounds across the State shall be closed to all worshippers. This is line with existing ban on all large public gatherings in tandem with the directive of the President-General, Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs His Eminence, Sultan Mohammed Abubakar that all muslims should suspend congregational Eid Prayers and pray at home.
2. Where prayers are observed in mosques, they should abide by the regulations for not more than 50 persons, hand washing, use of sanitizers and social distancing.
3. That operation of Tricycle ( Keke Napep) have been banned for Saturday 23 and Sunday 24, May 2020.
3. In line with existing Government Orders, all recreational centres across the State shall remain closed.
4. Security agencies have been directed to enforce the above restrictions.
His Excellency Governor Simon Lalong appeals to all citizens to adhere to these regulations and continue to take every personal precaution towards preventing the spread of COVID-19.
He urges them to note that at the moment, the State is witnessing more infections as a result of community spread which can be worsened by large congregation of people.
The Governor wishes all Muslim faithfuls in the State a happy Eid-el-Ftr, and calls on them to use the period to pray for God to intervene and stop the pandemic.