The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has frozen the
bank accounts of Shehu Sani, a former senator from Kaduna state, his
In a statement on Sunday, Suleiman Ahmed, senior special adviser to
Sani, also said the former lawmaker was “forced to declare his assets”.
The EFCC had arrested Sani for allegedly demanding money from Sani
Dauda, owner of ASD Motors, to bribe Ibrahim Magu, acting chairman of
the anti-graft agency, so as to influence an investigation.
Although the former lawmaker denied the allegation, the anti-graft agency insisted he had questions to answer on the matter.
In the statement, Sani’s aide accused the EFCC of bias in his
principal’s case, and he listed 11 questions for the agency to answer.
He wondered why the anti-graft agency has not detained Sani’s accuser
“who admitted to giving bribe” and why it has not invited “Alhaji
Samaila Isa Funtua who was mentioned in the frame up against Shehu
“Mr. Orilade, what is the connection between allegations of
extortion of $25,000 and then searching his residence, blocking his
accounts and forcing him to declare his assets?” he asked the EFCC.
The other questions Sani’s aide posed to the EFCC in the statement are:
- What can you say on the allegation that the accuser of Shehu
Sani can neither read nor write; that it was the EFCC that guided him on
what to say?
- We have in (it) on record that Shehu Sani’s accuser has no
pending case with the Supreme Court, how comes did he give (gave) Shehu
Sani bribe to give the CJN?
- We have it on record that Shehu Sani’s accuser has no pending or
ongoing case with the EFCC, how comes did he give (gave) Shehu Sani
bribe to give the EFCC or its chairman?
- The CJN denied the bribe allegations and Shehu Sani denied the bribe allegations, where did Tony Orilade get his fact?
- It is not enough posting statement about Shehu Sani. If you have any evidence or fact, why not post it now?
- You said people defending Shehu Sani are doing it for pecuniary gain, are you defending EFCC for free?
- Shehu Sani petitioner said $24,000 and you said $25,000, are you the one that added $1,000
- Mr. Toni Orilade should stop lying and threatening people. If you have any cheque or draft or anything to show please do so.